Rockies fire Hurdle, name Tracy manager

May 29, 2009 | 12:41 pm | 52

The Rockies fired Clint Hurdle today, ending his long reign as the team’s manager amid a very disappointing season. Bench coach Jim Tracy, who has ample experience managing in the majors, will replace Hurdle on an interim basis.

Hurdle, 51, who was told of his dismissal Friday morning in a meeting with general manager Dan O’Dowd, was hired to manage the Rockies on April 26, 2002, replacing Buddy Bell. At the time, Hurdle was the Rockies hitting coach.

The Rockies, who begin a three-game series tonight with the San Diego Padres at Coors Field, have sputtered all season, unable to gain any momentum and falling to the bottom of the National League West. They were just swept in a three-game series by the Los Angeles Dodgers, dropping their record to a season-low 10 games below .500 and at 18-28, leaving them 14 1/2 games behind the Dodgers, the widest margin in the majors.

The Rockies have had one three-game winning streak this season, and that came April 7-10 in the team’s second, third and fourth games of the season. Since that modest winning streak, the Rockies have won back-to-back games just three times, most recently last weekend at Detroit.

After 4-3 and 3-1 wins over the Tigers on Saturday and Sunday, the Rockies returned home and were outscored 31-13 in three losses to the high-flying Dodgers, who have won eight of nine games from the Rockies this season.
As is the case with losing teams, the performance can be traced to a myriad of reasons. Third baseman Garrett Atkins, who is hitting .195, and shortstop Troy Tulowitzki (.227) have failed to hit as expected. The team is a combined 6-14 in games started by Aaron Cook and Ubaldo Jimenez, the top two starters. The Rockies bullpen, which is 4-9, has a 5.65 ERA, higher than any team in the National League except the Washington Nationals. The pitching staff alone has made nine errors. And it has become common to fundamental mistakes, such as outfielders throwing to the wrong base.

Hurdle, aware of the urgency of the situation, changed closers twice in the first two weeks of the season. Huston Street, who began the season in that job, was replaced by Manuel Corpas only to soon supplant him.
Hurdle has removed slumping players like Atkins and Tulowitzki from the lineup to let them try to work to recapture their swings, without having to try and simultaneously implement those changes in a game. And Hurdle, imposing discipline, benched Tulowitzki in a punitive measure on May 20 at Atlanta. The night before, Tulowitzki swung at the first pitch in his final at-bat in the eighth with the Rockies trailing 6-1 and grounded into a double play after Dexter Fowler had led off with a walk.

Under Hurdle, the Rockies went 534-625 (.461) and had one winning season. That was in 2007 when the team finished the regular season 90-73 and reached the World Series for the only time in franchise history. The 2007 Rockies went on an unprecedented hot streak that resulted in a 21-1 surge leading up to the Series, where the Rockies were swept in four games by the Boston Red Sox.

Hurdle, who was in the final year of his contract, has been a member of the Rockies organization since 1994 when he became the roving minor league hitting coordinator. He held that job for three seasons until former Rockies manager Don Baylor added Hurdle to his staff as the hitting coach. Hurdle held that role under Baylor, who is now the Rockies hitting coach, and under Jim Leyland in 1999, the one season he managed the Rockies, and under Bell, who replaced Leyland.

Tracy, 53, was hired as the Rockies bench coach after the 2008 season. Tracy has said what appealed to him most about joining the Rockies was that the first call he received from anyone in the organization came from Hurdle, rather than anyone in the front office.

Tracy was out of the game last year after managing the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2006-2007. Tracy also spent five seasons managing the Dodgers from 2001-2005. Under Tracy, the Dodgers won the NL West in 2004. His record as a major league manager is 562-572 (.496).

• Marc | May 29, 2009 | 12:47 pm

Very mixed emotions on this.
    I wish both the team and Clint well going forward.

• roxnsox | May 29, 2009 | 12:59 pm

Marc,
    I second those emotions and your well wishes.

Something had to happen, for sure. The Rox have finally almost lost me after 16+ loyal years.

Julie

• Roland | May 29, 2009 | 1:03 pm

A good man caught in a bad situation, but in order for the Rockies to move forward, there has to be fresh voices leading the way. I expect the Rockies to be very popular with other teams as the trading deadline approaches.

• dave c | May 29, 2009 | 1:06 pm

Hurdle wasn’t the problem, you’ve got crappy ownershipwith a GM that’s good at building minor leagues but sucks at maintaining a good major league roster. Dealin’ dan needs to be fired and made minor league director. Too bad ownership won’t fire itself either.

• Redhawk | May 29, 2009 | 1:11 pm

While I was no fan of Clint Hurdle the manager, he’s not the reason this team is the 2nd to worst in the National League. Next we need to get to the next one in line, and that is Dan O’Dowd. HE put this team together.

Goodbye Clint. Your firing was symbolic, and largely ceremonial (well…with out the ceremonial press conference) but it had to happen.

• Marc | May 29, 2009 | 1:12 pm

Also

Kudos to Jack and the site for being the first to break the story.

• Karl | May 29, 2009 | 1:12 pm

Ok, first off I don’t agree with the firing of Hurdle in general.

But, something had to be done to get this team to move forward. We as fans have all been hoping for a return to 2007. That hasn’t happened. The talent is there for this team and for some reason the many parts have not jelled. That comes back to coaching and management. So the management starts with the coaching staff in the off season and now has moved to the head coach. If things don’t get progressively better the rest of the year, might be O’Dowd’s last stand as well.

Now that it is done, its time to move forward. As a fan, I can choose to stay home if I don’t like the decision, but I won’t. I will continue to watch and continue to go to the games 15-20 times a year. Why? Because its baseball and its the home town team the Rockies. Baseball isn’t about one person and never will be for me. But to finish my original thought, sad to see you go Clint Hurdle. He epitomized class, professionalism and brought a certain high degree of character that is often lacking in professional sports. I wish this team would have responded to him more this year, but for whatever reason it rarely performed on the field with any sort of consistency.

Best wishes for Hurdle and the Rockies.

• Dave | May 29, 2009 | 1:13 pm

… and how will Hurdle’s removal prevent Tulo from swinging for the fences? help Atkins hit to the right-center gap? help Stewart hit anywhere? help Barmes get on base? help Corpas throw strikes? etc. etc. Here we go again, rebuilding once more. Expect this team to be disassembled by trade, hopefully in return for “prospects” rather than the cut-rate Grilli’s and Embree’s of the world – great guys, but what have you done recently? I’d have continued to come to the park to root this team thru it’s tough times, knowing that they will get better, but not to wave goodbye to Street, Hawpe, Spilly, Atkins et al. This must just make Helton sick … and tired ….

• Ric | May 29, 2009 | 1:15 pm

Mixed emotions here as well. I don’t think Hurdle’s dismissal will be the catalyst the Rockies are looking for. What I fail to understand is how Apodoca can remain on staff when pitching has been and still is the teams largest weakness.

• Austin | May 29, 2009 | 1:28 pm

Regardless of the fact that Hurdle only got us one winning season, I don’t think they made the right decision here. It feels to me like they’re missing the heart of what’s wrong here: Like it or not, Hurdle had the unenviable job of trying to coerce a bunch of players who are all too often unmotivated, which ultimately is not his fault. He’s had this job for years, and sometimes it’s gotten the Rox wins. I hope he finds success in his future career.

• Dan | May 29, 2009 | 1:31 pm

As for Hurdle, I think he outlived what little usefullness he ever had, so it was long overdue to leave. Until Apadoco leaves, the pitching will never get better. He should have gone away long ago, but somehow has survived. I have mixed feelings about ODowd. I think he is ok overall and we could do much worse. The major problem is that the owners wont spend the money to comptete, and then expect the manager and GM to pull off miracles. We have a saying in Texas: “Either run with the big dogs or stay on the porch” . Looks to me like the Rocks have decided to just stay on the porch!Lets hope they keep Tracy and Baylor in this turmoil.

• Drew S. | May 29, 2009 | 1:43 pm

Clint is a good man caught in a tough situation. It is never fun firing a man who has been in the organization for fifteen years but I think its a move that needed to be made. I do not believe that Tracy is the man for the job though I hope I’m wrong.

My fingers are crossed that the Yankees go down hill so they will fire Girardi so he can return to Denver next year. We’ll see.

Thanks Clint for all you have done for the organization and I wish you the best of luck for you and your family.

• Joe | May 29, 2009 | 1:45 pm

I agree with the consensus about the pitching coach. It’s symptomatic of the problems, which might be organizational, but if Hurdle has to go, Apodaca should go too.

Mixed feelings as well about Hurdle. He’s planted some local roots, is a great guy, and had the midas touch leading up to the World Series in 2007. He was a pleasure to watch during the post game press conferences in ’07 and generally good for quotes and great baseball insights.

However the team has been stagnating since last year, and this spring brought some high hopes with Jiminez, Morales, Fowler, and some of the locally developed talent. I don’t think they were aggressive enough about acquiring pitching in the offseason, but the framework is there for (at least) a .500 club.

Tracy will be a good interim manager, did a pretty good job with the Dodgers, and didn’t have much to work with with the Pirates. Hopefully someone can light a fire under this team.

• Redhawk | May 29, 2009 | 1:56 pm

Jack or Tracy,
    Any word on the time of the press conference? (I’m assuming there will be one)

Also when will Dan O’Dowd be fired? (ok…I’m just getting greedy on this one)

• roxnsox | May 29, 2009 | 1:58 pm

I completely disagree with anyone who thinks the Rockies’ players are unmotivated or don’t care (a post I’ve seen multiple times, all over). This season, and last, have to be absolutely killing them.

• TexasSteve | May 29, 2009 | 1:58 pm

I know the Rockies were forced to make a move regardless of fault. They needed to show the fans that they want to win. Sadly, they picked the wrong guy to fire. With how much Clint has meant to the organization I would have hoped management would have found some sort of front office position for Hurdle. He’s been a supportative, loyal employee of the Rockies and he deserved better. But, of course, that’s the business of baseball.

• roxnsox | May 29, 2009 | 1:59 pm

Press conference at 2:30 according to KOA email I got

• Joseph | May 29, 2009 | 2:12 pm

A tremendous man and a tremendous loss on a couple of levels. But, the last straw for me was Memorial Day. I really wish it had turned out different. Though in recent days I joined the mob calling for a change, I have an ill feeling in my stomach now that it has happened.

• In The Know | May 29, 2009 | 2:15 pm

Hurdle? You’re kidding me. O’Dowd is the problem… look at what we got for Holliday. This all started when they wouldn’t resign Matsui after 2007; he was the sparkplug.

Good luck Clint–O’Dowd–watch your back. You should have been first.

• Dave | May 29, 2009 | 2:17 pm

Okay, one simple question: regardless of how you feel about the guy, in what way can Hurdle be seen as the solution for what is ailing this team? It looks like he’s tried everything he could, and for whatever reason, the bottom line is it’s not working.

• Peter | May 29, 2009 | 2:19 pm

Sorry to see Hurdle go. He always told it like it was.

And he isn’t the reason they are losing. This team is much better than their record.

A shake-up may work or it will drive them further into a hole.

The management needs to take a serious look at the GM. O’Dowd has not been getting the players to put on the field. I would have rather seen him go as well.

It will be interesting to see what happens the rest of the season.

• Donny | May 29, 2009 | 2:21 pm

I’m sad to see Clint go – even if the team’s fundamentals were always a little shaky under his helm. He was the rare manager you really rooted for.

Still, the Rocks’ problems run deeper than the manager. This team probably only has two above average hitters right now and one, maybe two, above average pitchers. The two most ballyhooed prospects strike out so much you have to start wondering if they can stick at the MLB level.

If it’s time for a change, it’s time for a change. But I’m not optimistic that this will solve anything.

• dan | May 29, 2009 | 2:32 pm

This might be the happiest day in my life as a Rockies fan and I was at the Inaugural draft, Mile High Opener, Coors Opener, NLDS and World Series in Denver.

It is with great joy that I can now root for the baseball team I’ve rooted for since it came into existance and follow the sport I’ve followed since the day I was born without being spun, cliched, talked down to and told to ‘stay away’ by an overmatched underwitted manager.

• jimbo | May 29, 2009 | 2:36 pm

Hurdle’s firing is long overdue… not only from a managerial standpoint, but from an organizational philosophy standpoint. Every day that went by that the Rockies played bad baseball and the ownership did nothing about it, was another day that the organization lost credibility around the league and with their fans… and probably with the players as well. Changing managers might not help a bit with wins and losses, but at least it says — finally — that the Rockies are not content with losing. And in that regard, this change came about a year too late.

Hurdle’s replacement needs to hold the players accountable, and not in the “I’ve been told to crack down on you guys, so now I’m all tough” way Hurdle attempted. Best of luck to Hurdle, who seems like a good man and a decent manager… he just wasn’t the right man in Colorado any more.

Those who blame O’Dowd… the talent is there (bullpen excepted). Considering the payroll limitations he has, he does a good job. This isn’t a World Series team, but the pieces are there for a team that should contend for a winning record and the NL West title. The 2007 series may have been a fluke, but flukes like that don’t happen with no talent. They actually got plenty for Holliday, a lot more than they’d have got if he left as a free agent. Don’t judge that trade until Gonzales either comes through or fails.

• Derrek | May 29, 2009 | 2:39 pm

Seriously? There can’t be a vote amongst other managers to see who is the worst! I think that is a little far fetched! And how come u weren’t at the NLCS? I was!

• jjzdad0830 | May 29, 2009 | 2:57 pm

Clint knew this day was coming the day he took the job. And you can’t fire the entire team and he knows that too. He strikes me as a good man, may he continued to be blessed in all his endeavors.

There had better be a good deal of soul searching in the locker room and no one, with the exception of Hawpe and Helton, should be happy to look in the mirror. The team lacks leadership and that comes from on the field of play, not from the manager. These are men playing the game not boys. Something in the chemistry is missing and it may be the lingering aura of the Holiday trade. Well, get over it! He’s gone and he’s not coming back. Time for the boys to grow up and take their skills and their pride to the park every day! They are the ones who got Clint fired. He’s didn’t play third base. He didn’t strike out with the based loaded. Since when does hitting near the Mendosa line cut it for front a line 3rd basemen, catcher and shortstop? Perhaps the talent isn’t there but if you are going to put on a big league uniform you’d better make a big league effort.

Lastly, Apodaca must bear a large part of the burden of this situation. He may not be throwing the ball but the staff has regressed. The mechanical issues are his to repair and it hasn’t been accomplished, let alone the head games with De La Rosa. Cook, Corpas, Jimenez all have too much talent to be in the rut they are in. Bob, update your resume!

Don’t expect a big turn around until the toddlers man up and take charge of their execution. They own is debacle!

Good luck to Jim Tracy but you know your day is coming too.

• Steve N | May 29, 2009 | 3:08 pm

Good luck Clint! The players are the only ones to blame here. Maybe O’Dowd for having too much faith in fielding a home grown team. Yay, Dan you did it! The Opening Day starting 9 were all from the farm system. Congrats! And now we have these results. Now what?

• Orange and Blue Horseshoe | May 29, 2009 | 3:16 pm

I distinctly remember walking through the Park Meadows mall in late summer of 2007 and seeing Hurdle’s picture with his entire family and thinking what a good man he seemed to be and what a shame it was that he was about to be fired because the Rockies were underachieving with Holliday, Helton and the rest of the talent on the team (although in hindsight the pitching staff was a mess due to injuries). Then the Rockies go on a tear and make it to the World Series and what a great feeling to see Hurdle and the team enjoying themselves and taking the city on such a great ride.

As Tracy Ringolsby (we have to be clear about which Tracy we’re talking about now I guess) pointed out a couple of weeks ago, changes like this rarely work out well in the short run, but it was clear that the team was spiraling downward so this move had to be made.

A very sad day for a very good man. This fan will miss Hurdle.

• Seidle | May 29, 2009 | 3:19 pm

Surprised this happened after nothing yesterday, I liked Hurdle, but one winning season doesn’t get it done. Something had to be done with the inconsistency and underachieving plaguing the team this year.

• Liz | May 29, 2009 | 3:19 pm

I fell off the Hurdle bandwagon years ago. However, I do agree that this will not make pitchers pitch or hitters hit. Good luck to everyone!

• Jeff | May 29, 2009 | 3:31 pm

Finally. Hurdle’s a nice guy, but he had to go. O’Dowd may be next, this move may have been a last-ditch effort to save his job.

• Robb | May 29, 2009 | 3:33 pm

Clint was a class act throughout all of this. Guess we will find out if he was really the problem or it was the players; I do think the players can relax now and play baseball instead of wondering every night if it is the last night Clint will be their manager.

• Joseph | May 29, 2009 | 3:55 pm

Is there any chance of Hurdle being in the broadcast booth at some point this year? The question isn’t based upon anything that I’ve heard, I just think it would be cool.

• Orange and Blue Horseshoe | May 29, 2009 | 4:00 pm

Email just came in from the Rockies that Hurdle has been offered a significant role in the Rockies organization and they hope he accepts it, but he has been relieved of his duties as field manager.

• Karl | May 29, 2009 | 4:06 pm

Got the same note, wonder what role that could be that he would accept at this time?

• Orange and Blue Horseshoe | May 29, 2009 | 4:18 pm

Joseph,

If Hurdledoesn’t stay with the organization, how about putting Hurdle with Frasier on the broadcasts and just letting them do color on the games with no play by play guy. You might not know exactly what was going on on the field, but you probably wouldn’t care either those two are so entertaining.

• Paul | May 29, 2009 | 4:36 pm

Well for one I am glad Hurdle is gone. He has been a terrible manager and didn’t do anything for this club. I got tired of hearing the same old comments after they lost a game. Glad I won’t have to hear the same old give us time crap. They needed to send off Apodaca with him. O’Dowd should go too. This team has no depth. No direction.

• Joseph | May 29, 2009 | 4:43 pm

Orange and Blue Horseshoe,

That’s a pretty funny image. I’d love to hear it, at least for a game.

I’m glad they offered Hurdle something. I hope it’s not superficial.

Jim Tracy said that the number one priority was for the team to find its identity. I know there are a bazillion other things for this team to address but they did have their best record in 2007 wearing purple. If he is going to use 2007 as a place to go locate their identity I say, ditch the generic colors and come out in purple.

• BY | May 29, 2009 | 4:49 pm

Big mistake. Hurdle hasn’t thrown a single pitch this year in a game, he has not swung at a single pitch in a game. The Rockies took a big step backwards today. Big.

• Derrek | May 29, 2009 | 5:04 pm

Helton said it best, “He (Hurdle) is the same manager he was 2 years ago. So ultimately we are the reason he got fired!” If you Hurdle haters want to argue with Todd Helton, then be my guest! LOL.

• George | May 29, 2009 | 5:07 pm

This post was edited

Until Charles and Richard Monfort are ousted as owners and someone else owns the Rockies, the club will flounder and reel. The Rockies caught lightning in a bottle for three and a half weeks in the autumn of 2007, but other than that, the club has been woeful and a ship adrift. The Monforts are have no clue to what they are doing. They just like being part of a unique exclusive club, and since they haven’t been elected to the US Senate, this is as best as it gets for them. Hurdle may have seen his time past, but the core of the problem are due to the Greeley brothers. Until they are out and gone, the repertoire of the last several seasons will continue endlessly, and 75 wins is as about as good as it will ever get!

I believe the Monforts are going to erase the blackboard and start as clean as they can, dropping payroll next season as the attendance dives and tv ratings fall. I can see at least a 20 % cut in payroll, with most of the money remaining in three guys – Helton (only two more seasons left on that deal and I would not be surprised to see him go in 2010 in a trade to a contender at the July deadline), Cook ( the same is true for him as with Helton, but his deal is up after next season), and Jimenez. Anyone else making over a $1 million is largely gone, as the roster will be filled with players with less than 4 years of MLB experience or non-arbitration eligible players. 2011 could see a payroll under $30 million.

As for Jim Tracy, he is four months and then done. I think O’Dowd is a goner also, probably in August or September, with Paul Egins and Kelly McGregor running the club in the interim until another GM is appointed.

The rest of the coaching staff that isn’t dumped in the coming days (i.e. Apodaca) will also be gone at season’s end as the broom sweeps clean.

If you don’t get those 100 losses this season ( and I believe its increasingly becoming a sure bet), you surely will in 2010 and more likely than not also in 2011. The Rockies are going to look like the A’s and Phillies of most of the 40′s and the Pirates of the early to mid 50′s. 110 losses are not out of the question.

• BY | May 29, 2009 | 5:13 pm

Good for Todd. i wonder if any of the other players will man-up and tell the truth like that.

Maybe the new manager will be able to tell Corpas to “throw strikes” and he magically will. Maybe the new manage will be able to suggest that Atkins hit a little better and he magically will.

The Monforts don’t play on the field. O’Dowd doesn’t play on the field. Hurdle didn’t play on the field. There is one group responsible right now, the players. Unfortunately, their bargaining unit has seen to it that they are not the ones that pay the price.

• Duke | May 29, 2009 | 7:12 pm

Who will be fired next ? I see four possibilities: Eric Wedge at Cleveland, Manny Acta at Washington, Cecil Cooper at Houston, and Bob Geren at Oakland. I don’t think any of them will be at their current jobs by Thanksgiving and probably much sooner.

• Dan | May 30, 2009 | 1:08 am

In this one Clint was only voted fourth worst in baseball

• Dan B. | May 30, 2009 | 3:13 am

Hurdle was a fixture of this team for so long it is sad to see him go. He was with us for thick through thin hopefully the rox can salvage this season. best of luck clint.

• Tracy Ringolsby | May 30, 2009 | 7:00 am

Dan, and you might add it was in 2006, the year before the Rockies were in the World Series. It also had Buck Showalter and Mike Hargrove ranked worst than Hurdle, which is interesting. And it was not a vote of NL West managers, which was the claim on an earlier post.

• Dan | May 30, 2009 | 9:58 am

Tracy,

Unfortunately, due to internet searches not being very good pre-2004, on a quick search, I cannot pull up the poll I was referring to online. Nevertheless, I am 100% positive that a 2003 or ’04 poll of MANAGERS listed Hurdle 30th out of 30, which would be last if my math isn’t need of being edited in bold letters. Outside of the Rocky Mountain News, Hurdle consistently came in in the bottom of all forms of managerial polls ranging from players to press and his peers.

Your comment that it was pre-World Series is exactly my point, Clint was regarded as a poor manager across the league BEFORE the World Series run and just because a few hunches paid off for a magical spell of 2007, it did not make him any better of a manager. I can point to as many specific instances as it takes to hammer home this point of Clint making poor in-game decisions year after year. Clint has one of the worst career winning percentages of any manager who last as long as he did in the league and his second-highest win total was a whopping 76. This team underachieved for the vast majority of the time here and that is not debatable or editable in bold letters.

Beyond that, I find it incredibly arrogant that you would essentially call me a liar and delete my post because you never saw or don’t recall the poll that I was referring to.

Thanks,

Dan

• Tracy Ringolsby | May 30, 2009 | 10:26 am

When you state in your post that he ranked last in a poll of NL West managers you did not provide any type of data including what the poll was or when it was taken or by who.

If you go back to the days when Joe Torre managed the Mets you would fiind him ranked very low, if not at the bottom, but over time people adapt and learn. Time frames are of value in making such assertions because they provide a better framework for understanding the circumstances.

Do you consider Wyoming to be the fifth best football team in the country? Well, in a poll of college coaches Wyoming was ranked No. 5.
    It was in 1968, but the Cowboys were ranked fifth. Are they still at that level? No. Things change over time. To cite a poll from 2003 as evidence of an inefficiency is not valid, particularly when you post it without any time reference, making it possible for readers to assume it is a recent poll.

I welcome opinions that are not personal attacks. And I welcome information that is substantiated. If you consider that arrogance than that is what it is. But bottom line is this is designed to be an exchange in which we can learn from each other, and not create false impressions by using data that does not have verification or is not timely.

• Dan | May 30, 2009 | 10:44 am

Tracy, I understand what you are saying and we’re most likely arguing semantics.

What I did not at all appreciate is the wording that the poll I referred to (that absolutely did take place)’never took place’.

That is flat-out calling me a liar — if the editing of my post had said ‘removed as information is not cited’ I would have had no problem with it.

The arrogance I refer to is not anything to do with the information or anyone’s opinion of the information and subject matter but phrasing that a poll you haven’t heard of ‘never took place’.

To say something did not happen simply because you didn’t know of it is the exact definition of arrogance (and just to be clear I’ve cited this below)

ar⋅ro⋅gance
      /ˈærəgəns/[ar-uh-guhns]
    –noun
    offensive display of superiority or self-importance; overbearing pride.

• Tracy Ringolsby | May 30, 2009 | 10:49 am

You point is well taken, and the wording could have been better on my part. For that I apologize. I will say that if you want to make claims like that we need to have a reference as to when and who and how a poll was taken.

• Dan | May 30, 2009 | 10:58 am

Tracy,

This is the line I’m referring to above my original post – This post was edited to remove a factual mistake regarding a managerial vote that was never taken.

Anyhow, this has spiraled far further than it should have and I apologize for my part in that as from your comments I think I misconstrued something that was not intended in such a way.

I’ll say this, the fact that you are this attentive to a message board incident on the site is a great thing and I appreciate the back and forth of hashing this out, we’re obviously passionate baseball guys and that’s enough for me.

Yours in baseball,

Dan

• Anonymous | September 28, 2009 | 11:52 am

Manual 86 2great wedding gifts1 circulation 425muscles are angry-this can interfere with their sleep because their muscles cannot cut off and stop 173 6wedding attendants gifts9 sought 4learn 9 634monetary wedding gifts7 Manual 271Conventional 3 718parent wedding gifts4 training 566should 504 6wedding gift basket8 always 4I 1 0wedding gift bags3 · Seated-assisted 418