Game Recap: Rockies 4, Padres 2
Key to the Game
Despite putting in seven innings of work in Saturday’s 14-inning loss to the San Diego Padres, the Colorado Rockies bullpen still had enough steam to close out a 4-2 win in the series finale Sunday.
dominated for five-plus innings, but began to labor with two outs in the top of the sixth inning. The Padres scored two runs with a double, two singles and a walk before Jimenez struck out Tony Gwynn Jr. to end the inning.
, Randy Flores, and combined for three scoreless innings. Three runners reached base after Jimenez left the game — one hit batsman, one walk and one on an error by . Jimenez picked up his second win and Morales his second save.
– hit his second home run of the season when Tony Gwynn Jr. nearly caught a fly ball at the wall only to have the momentum carry his glove and the ball over the wall. It turned out to be the winning run in the game.
– left the game with tightness in his hamstring after scoring the Rockies second run in the third inning.
– drove into two runs with a bases-loaded single in the third.
– is still hitless this season, but walked twice and has a .500 on-base percentage.
– , who replaced Gonzalez in the outfield, tripled with one out in the fifth inning and scored on a single.