Predictions: ESPN roundup
- To win the NL West: 22 of 45 pick the Rockies.
- To win the NL Wild Card: 2 of 45 pick the Rockies.
- To win the NL Pennant: Just one, David Kull, picks the Rockies to win the NL.
- To win the World Series: Kull also picks the Rockies to the World Series.
- to win the MVP: 16 of 45, second to Albert Pujols, who is picked by 19 to win the award.
- to win the MVP: 3 of 45.
- to win the Cy Young: 4 of 45.
The Rockies are a slightly less popular pick among ESPN’s analysts than they were last season when 25 of 36 picked the Rockies to win either the division or the wild card, six picked the Rockies win the NL pennant and three picked the Rockies to win the World Series. Only one, Jim Caple, accurately picked the San Francisco Giants to win the World Series. Caple was also one of 10 to pick the Texas Rangers to win the American League West, but no expert picked the Rangers to make it to World Series in 2010. For what it’s worth, Caple has the Rockies winning the West in 2011 and the Chicago White Sox over the Philadelphia Phillies in the World Series.
As for the individual awards in 2010, Tulowitzki received support for the MVP from five experts and Jimenez received one pick for the Cy Young. The eventual MVP winner, Cincinnati’s Joey Votto was picked by no expert while 20 of 35 accurately picked Philadelphia’s Roy Halladay.