Arenado named fall MVP as Salt River wins championship
Colorado Rockies third base prospectwas named the MVP of the Arizona Fall League following the Salt River Rafters’ 9-3 win in the championship game Saturday.
Arenado, who was 1-for-4 with a solo home run and two runs scored in the game, hit .388 with six home runs and 33 RBI in 29 games before the championship.
How other Rockies prospects fared:
- Outfielder was 1-for-4 with two RBI and a run scored in the game. He hit .256 with three home runs and 25 RBI in 32 games.
- First baseman was 1-for-3 with two runs scored in the championship. He hit .267 with eight doubles and 13 RBI in 22 games.
- Parker Frazier was 1-1 with a 6.10 ERA in 13 appearances.
- Joe Gardner was 2-2 with a 5.29 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 17 innings over seven starts.
- Rob Scahill was 2-0 with a 7.36 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 11 innings over 11 appearances.
- was 1-1 with an 8.18 ERA in 14 appearances. Weathers walked 13 and struck out 13 in 11 innings.